It’s about time you own that unique spot on the world wide web!
A website won’t be as prestigious and authoritative-looking as it is without a domain name. It may be tough but choosing a domain name will give you that identity over others. There would be no other Google.com, Yahoo.com, Zentoh.com, or “YourName”.com. The trouble though, is finding that one-and-only name. Considering the vast growing population of internet users and publishers, it may take a little creativity out of you to produce a good name.
Here at Zentoh, we own domains and develop them. With our experience, let us share a couple of tips in choosing your domain name.
- Remember that you can only use numbers, letters, and hyphens.
- The shorter the better. Short domains are easier to remember. You don’t want to have other people go through the trouble of typing mysuperduperawesomedomainthatsmine.com in the address bar.
- Hyphenated or Not? It’s really up to you. You must understand that there’s that possibility of people forgetting the hyphen when typing. Plus when you’re face-to-face giving out your domain name to others, it’d be troublesome dictating “my-very-cool-website.com”. But using hyphenated domains is a good way to get a domain name if the one you prefer is already taken. Besides, it still satisfies the need given the proper SEO keywords at hand.
- Unless it makes a lot of sense, try avoiding too much mixing of numbers and letters like z3nt0h.com. It’s easier as zentoh.
- Adding words like “the”, “a”, “my”, and the like in front of your domain name is another option. TheZentoh.com could work. But if you plan to use this, make sure that your website name would be “The Zentoh” as well. Carry it out. Otherwise, people would forget “the” and type in Zentoh.com.
- Adding country code affixes may help as well like ZentohPH.com or PHZentoh.com. Just use your discretion if the domain name looks good with it. But it would be better to go and take that ccTLD if you are targeting a certain geo-targeted market.
Ready to get your domain? You could either register you domains with GoDaddy – Domain Sale! $7.49 .com at GoDaddy